Tashi Cell launches the New Samsung S8 & S8 Plus in Thimphu
Samsung in collaboration with its local distributor and partner Tashi Infocomm Ltd launched its flagship smartphones Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ in Bhutan on the 25th April 2017 at Taj Tashi, opening up infinite possibilities for the future with a new level of design, functionality and user convenience. The event was a grand and first of its kind electronic launch in the country that saw an assembly of media houses, and the executives of various government organizations and private companies.
“The stunning Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ come with new design innovations alongside cutting-edge technology that includes a revolutionary camera, the industry’s first 10nm processor, a cinematic viewing experience with a bezel-less dual-edge infinity Display, Bixby and robust phone+ offerings,’’ said Mr Pranaya Ratna Sthapit, DGM, HHP Division, Samsung Electronics India Limited.
A product presentation inclusive of information on Tashi Cell as local partner, commitment for customer service and experiences was made by Mr Pranaya Ratna Sthapit. Product demonstration was also made with practical display of its water resistance upto 1.5m for 30 minutes. He also assured the public of stringent quality check of the present products in response to people’s question of the explosive battery controversy of the note series.
Tashi Infocomm’s managing director followed suite reiterating its missions and commitments with a focus on satisfactory sales, after service and consumer experience of products.
New Features that we love about S8+
1. Bigger screen (Infinity Display) – yes a 6.2 inch touchscreen as compared of S8 5.8 inch without much evident difference in the size of the phone.
2. A 12 megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8 megapixels front shooter for selfies. If you love to take selfies at an arm’s length or with a selfie stick the phone’s Smart auto focus tracks faces and keeps everyone in the group in focus giving you a clearer selfie.
3. The F1.7 lens bring in more light that you can capture amazingly beautiful pictures even in low light at night.
4. 10nm processor ever inbuilt in an android smart phone giving you an increased performance.
5. Certified IP68 for protection against water and dust ingress. Incase you drop it in water accidentally, you still have 30 mins time in hand to retrieve it safely as long as the depth of the water is 1.5m.
6. A hybrid dual SIM tray allowing you the flexibility of having two SIMs for work and personal life or use one slot for SIM and the other for SD card.
7. New Bixby interface that allows you to translate text and recognize real-world objects through the Galaxy S8’s camera and track them down online. Find something you love, click a pic and the Bixby feature will give you a list of the same product available online.
8. Iris scanner and face recognition security in addition to the previous pattern and password lock security features securing your phone (your secrets) with the biometric access system to guard it every moment.
9. AKG tuned ear buds to give you the best sound quality while listening to music or watching movies or videos on your phone.
‘Samsung Experience Store’ was launched in the same building of the Tashi Cell’s Customer Care Centre to allow people to experience hand feel touch of the products and for pre-bookings.
The products are priced at Nu. 53,900 for Galaxy S8 and Nu.59,900 for GalaxyS8+. The flagship smartphones will be available in Bhutan starting May 5, 2017 across select retail stores in gold and black. However, consumers can pre-book the products from April to May 4th 2017 and avail cash discount of Nu. 3000 & 15GB Data, 500 woth talk time, 500 sms for 1 month in association with TashiCell.
For more information on product details and discount packages you can visit www.tashicell.com