Gorgeous Bhutanese Textile for your Home from Sabah Bhutan
Yeewong handpicked a collection of authentic products from Sabah made by Bhutanese home-based workers from different parts of the country designed to style your home with a more traditional touch.
Photography by Gyeltshen Tobden & PemC
SAARC Business Association of Home Based Workers, more popularly known as Sabah has long been known for creating a platform for many Bhutanese weavers, designers, tailors and artisans to showcase authentic products made in Bhutan.
SABAH Bhutan was established with funding from the SAARC Development Fund as a part of the project “Strengthening Livelihood initiatives of the Home Based workers in the SAARC Region”. SABAH Bhutan is registered as a Public Benefit Organization with the Civil Society Organization Authority of Bhutan.
SABAH Bhutan functions as a social enterprise model with a primary purpose of strengthening the livelihood initiatives of the Home Based Workers by providing capacity building and marketing trainings to the members, thereby enhancing better facilities of self-sustained income and generation of employment.
- Custom-designed cushion covers with cotton base designed with silk motifs and handloom-woven rug.
2. Handwoven placemat with intricate silk motifs with the pottery creations from Maiyesh.
3. Handwoven silk table-runner
4. Bura (raw silk) table runners woven by a group of home-based workers specialized in organic dyeing in Thimphu.
5. Intricate table runner and cushion covers made from Khaling cotton woven by the home-based workers of Trashigang in Eastern Bhutan.
6. Fabric wall pocket organizer made from cotton.
For more information and more products please visit Sabah’s Showroom located at the City Hotel Building or contact Sabah at
Telephone: +975 02 336745